Lead Anodes Electrowinning :
- Lead anodes are used in SX-EW ( Solvent Extraction Electro winning ) plants of Copper,Nickel,Cobalt,Zinc and Mangnese.
- Lead is alloyed with metals like tin,antimony,silver,calcium etc for various solvent solutions.
- Lead anodes for copper electrowinning – Lead Tin Calcium alloy anode.
- Lead anodes for Zinc electrowinning – Lead Silver alloy anode.
- Lead anodes for Mangnese Electrowinning – Lead Silver alloy anode.
- Anode plate for copper electrowinning industry is cold rolled lead alloy anode sheet with uniform grain structure, high corrosion resistance etc.
- This anode plate(lead alloy anode sheet)connects with the Copper hanger bar double-side welding with Lead alloy coating, or plate plug-in welding.
- The copper bar is coated with tin and then lead coated.
- The good welding technique and good quality anode plate and hanger bar allows the anode plate could use in harsh environment for long time.
Cold rolling of anodes subsequent to casting improves the efficiency and life of the anode by separating the grain structure and stretching and orientating the grains for a more homogenous microstructure. This improves the anodes performance through:
Uniform conditioning and corrosion resistant
Opposition against creep
Further developed conductivity